Followers

Friday 27 January 2012

Introducing Lindsay



We would like to introduce you to out guest blogger, the lovely Lindsay Elise Jolly, who was the winner of our 'Blog of the Week' that we run on our Facebook Group.  Lindsay is a talented crafter and, I'm sure you'll agree, an inspiration.  Lindsay has kindly answered some questions for us to help you get to know her, thank you Lindsay.




Why and when did you start crafting?
I have always crafted in one way or another, my first attempts were at after school clubs and play schemes (going back a little further than I care to remember lol). As I got older I began to love painting and drawing as well and always enjoyed anything creative but it wasn't until much more recently that I really found papercrafting. I have had M.E. (or CFS) since I was 14 and had a particularly nasty case of glandular fever, I had my ups and downs over the years but about 2 and a half years ago I hit my lowest patch ever and was so unwell that I became very isolated by my illness and lost all confidence in myself. It was then that I decided to join a local arts group to try and regain something of myself that I felt I had lost, the group were very understanding about my illness and a couple of ladies in particular helped to encourage me to join in even if I couldn't always make it to event's and workshop or had to leave earlier than everyone else. I found arts and crafts to be extremely good therapy and they helped me to escape a little from the pain and discomfort of my illness. It was also through this group that I met a lady who gave me a lot of advise about a diet that might help to improve my condition and I am very happy to say that things have been slowly but surely getting better for me both physically and emotionally ever since.

What made you decide to set up a blog?
I haven't actually been blogging very long at all, I stumbled across the world of internet crafting by accident (and boy am I glad that I did). I subscribed to Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine in summer 2011 and after doing so I liked their page on facebook, it was in September that I was a post on there about a DT call for PanPastels, and I thought I would like to try and apply for it, at this point I knew absolutely nothing about blogs and when I got the information about applying I had about 3 days to get a blog set up for the applications. So I found out a bit about blogs and set myself up on wordpress, I didn't expect to get chosen for the DT but I wanted to try. I was so shocked and over the moon when I found out that I had made it on to the team and I am so glad now that I did try as I have so many great new crafty friends because of it. When I got to know a little more about blogging I moved over from wordpress to blogger in November 2011 and I really love being a part of the blogging community.
Whats your favourite craft technique/s and why?
I don't really have a favorite technique, I am not much of a favorite things kind of person, I like to try everything and some days I will be in the mood for some in embossing others I like stamping and colouring or decoupage etc etc. Sorry not a very helpful answer but what I can say is that I almost never make a card with out using some sort of die cut or another and I wouldn't want to be with out my dies and die cutting machines.

What are your top 5 crafty products?
Hmm this is a tricky one as I wouldn't want to be with out any of my crafty stash lol but I think my top 5 would have to be;
!. Grand Calibur and Dies
2. Promarkers
3. PanPastels
4. Collal Glue Gel
5. House Mouse, Magnolia or Lily Of The Valley Stamps (sorry I know technically thats cheating but I can't pick just 5 things lol)

Who inspires you?
Another really tricky question, I could give you a list as long as my arm Sue Wilson from spellbinders, Ally from Stamps away, Nikky Hall from Polka Doodles and of course all of my wonderful bloggy friends. I would also like to say thanks to all of the people that have made me feel so welcome in the blogging community and you all brighten my days on a regular basis with your lovely comments and I am so glad to have gotten to know you all.

Thank you Lindsay for sharing this with us and good luck with your blog and everything you do.
Please visit Lindsay's blog and say hi, like I said before Lindsay is very talented so go and check out her work.

10 comments:

  1. What an interesting interview! Congratulations again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous interview Lindsay!!! I love visiting your blog and you are very creative and give me lots of inspiration too!!1

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Brilliant Interview Lindsay, And be assured you brighten our days too. You are a lovely lady and so talented. I hope your health goes on improving till your illness is a thing of the past xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a pretty smile Lindsay. Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview with Lindsay and she is truly a talented person with a wonderful blog. well done Lindsay
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, personally I love going over and visiting Lindsay's blog - her projects are always so varied and she is one talented girlie! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview! Lindsay is on my DT and she never lets us down. I am proud to say that she is a friend as well as a colleague and I am so glad to know her. Marie x

    http://desmetdt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fabulous interview Lindsay, such a lovely read and I like visiting your blog regularly your creations are always beautiful.

    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great read hun, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete